Our chosen charity
Members of the Travel Retail Consortium actively raise funds for charity. TRC’s current charity partner is Chestnut Tree House.
Chestnut Tree House
- Chestnut Tree House provides specialist palliative care services to 300 children and young people aged 0-19 with life-shortening conditions in East Sussex, West Sussex and South East Hampshire.
- The services offered include assessment, advice and information for children and young adults with life-shortening conditions, specialist short breaks, emergency care, step down from hospital and end of life care.
- The Community Team cares for families in their own homes in East Sussex, West Sussex and South East Hampshire. A multi-disciplinary team offers support for the entire family following diagnosis and through the whole disease process.
- Chestnut Tree House also offers bereavement support which includes therapy, counseling and spiritual care. There is also a specialist neonatal care service, services for under 5s and transition advice for young people moving to adult services.
- Chestnut Tree House offers care for families after the unexpected death of a child or young person, including the use of our ‘Stars’ bereavement suite.
- At Chestnut Tree House, the goal is to provide the best quality of life for children and their families, and to offer a total package of practical, social and spiritual support throughout each child’s life, however short it may be.
- It costs well over £3.9 million each year to provide all Chestnut Tree House’s specialist care services. Families are never charged for their care and the hospice receives less than 6% from central government, so it relies heavily on the generosity, help and support of the local community.
For the Now
Chestnut Tree House helps families live For the Now. They are the hand that reassures, a hug that comforts, a safe port in a sea of life-changing diagnoses and round the clock care.
Now is precious moments that give a lifetime of memories, the chance to be a parent for a few hours, rather than a carer, and the opportunity for kids to just be kids, to do all the things that kids their age should do. Now is all about exploring, creating, enjoying and treasuring. And for our supporters it’s all about the high of doing something important, something that they didn’t think they could do. It’s about making their own memories whilst making a difference.
For its 15th Birthday year in 2018 Chestnut Tree House wants to celebrate all these Nows, and help create thousands more. Whether it’s baking a cake or dreaming up funky fundraising fun, making new friends and learning new skills through volunteering, taking on a challenge in one of our events, or shopping for that perfect bargain in one of our retail outlets, when you do something for Chestnut Tree House you are making all the Nows count.
Chestnut Tree House. For Local Families. For Living. For the Now.